A few tips for couples expecting their second child
Creating new life, having a child, is a daunting thing in itself. If you are a parent who is going to soon be having a second child, then you should get ready for some very tough times ahead. Handling one baby is a very difficult task in itself and when there number goes up by one, it simply becomes an all-out war between the parents and the two children. Although having and bringing up children is a very tiring ordeal, it is also equally rewarding. When they fall asleep all cuddled up in your lap it is one of the best feelings and very few things in the world can beat that feeling.
It’s not easy at all to take good care of two children at once, but since it is something you are going to have to do here are some tips that might just make your life a little bit easier:
- Arrange a babysitter for the older child- The time would come when you would have to be at the hospital for the delivery of your second child. Thus you need some way to ascertain that your older child is safe.
- If you have a girl child or you’re about to have one then you could just buy a princess bunk bed with slide and install it into your older child’s room so that when your baby grows up, she can sleep with her sibling in the same room. This is very effective for people who have less space in their homes.
- Wash everything that belonged to your first child and you wish to use for your second child, like maybe bibs, car seat etc. Just make sure everything is absolutely fresh and clean for your new baby.
- Clean and organise the diaper bag you use or used to use for your first born child and add the necessary things required in it before your baby’s arrival.
- Make it a point to do something that makes your first child feel special like maybe go to an amusement park or the zoo before your second baby arrives.
- Absolutely remember to sterilize everything your new-born baby would use like the pacifiers and the bottles.
- Also, if your first baby is a toddler then try to not say anything about a new baby coming before 7 or 8 months into the pregnancy because for a toddler 7 or 8 months can be a very long time and you would be asked every day about when the baby is coming for months.
For your second baby you would need to buy a lot of things. Most of those things you can easily buy online. There is absolutely no dearth of online stores selling baby products. Just make sure to buy everything from reputed and well-reviewed online stores. You can even buy toddler slide bunk bed so that both your babies can use the same room without having to share the same bed when they grow up enough to be able to sleep alone. The most important thing to remember while welcoming a second baby into your family is to not forget or ignore your firstborn and allocate sufficient time to your first born as well.